GCL International Ltd (“the Company”) is committed to comply with applicable laws and regulations concerning environmental issues.
The Company in its day to day activities and its advice to clients, is endeavouring to take full account of its environmental impact and aims to continuously improve our environmental performance, prevent pollution and sustain our flora, fauna and biodiversity.
In doing so we have targeted the following as our effort to preserve the environment and its resources for future generations.
• Reduction of the number of visits to clients by road for on-going conformity assessment (however, this does not reduce the time spent per annum). Including the use of remote audits. Use public transport services wherever this is possible, dependent upon client location.
• Where vehicles are required for client visits ensure that our planning system is as effective as possible as to reduce unnecessary trips. We will endeavour to use vehicles with low fuel consumption and emission levels.
• Reduction on the number of air flights by regionalisation of our office international network.
• Ensure that all quotations, communications, invoices and all services are delivered electronically or available online so as not to use paper, ink cartridges and reduce the electricity consumption.
• Re-use redundant equipment such as computers and screens, or supply them to charities, schools etc, to support the education system as part of our environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
• We refrain from the use of environmentally hazardous chemicals for cleaning purposes in all our offices.
• We utilise energy efficient electrical appliances in our office premises wherever possible to reduce the depletion of natural resources.
• Integrating environmental objectives into our client interfaces and communications.
• Ensuring that any subcontractor auditors, inspectors, trainers, experts that we contract embrace and comply with our environmental policies and conditions.
• Ensuring that the environmental policy is available to the public via our website, including interested parties and communicated to all our staff to ensure they understand and comply with it.
• Ensuring that we comply with all legal and regulatory environmental requirements